15 August 2018

Morning routines

So, remember that time I said I would get back to this blog? Yeah, me neither. Which begs the question - why am I back here? Well, whether there are still faithful readers (after this long? Ha!) or, more likely, I'm just shouting into the void, I'm here for the same reason I was ages ago. I'm here for me. Here's the long and short of what brought me back.

The miracle morning.

Okay, so that's the short of what brought me to blow the cobwebs from the corners. I'm staying home right now. After six years in retail and becoming an assistant manager, I quit my job. This was both a long time coming and a good thing. I will have to return to the work force, but that is an obstacle for another blog entry.

Since I am staying home with my sweet daughter, who is almost eleven months old, I knew I needed a routine. So, I made one. It didn't work as well as I wanted. Then, yesterday, I discovered the miracle morning.

This system came from a self-help book called The Miracle Morning by Hal Elrod. What Mr. Elrod did was find the various self-improvement practices he had heard were the most effective and combine them, ten minutes for each habit, to make a one hour routine. The acronym for the habits is SAVERS. I will write about that tomorrow.

Without completely spoiling tomorrow's blog entry, suffice it to say that the last S in SAVERS stands for Scribe. That, in a word, is why I'm back. I'm claiming my identity as a scribe. What routines do you have in your day?

See y'all tomorrow.

No comments: