17 October 2010

I trust it because it makes no sense

Lately, my world has been turned upside-down - in, potentially, a good way. I'm questioning a lot of assumptions that've been there for years, things I've thought about myself and the type of people I love. My subconscious mind has been sending signals I can't ignore, so I feel I have to follow them. These feelings are so strong and came on so suddenly that I can't ignore them. I'm going to start walking a new path in my journey through life.

I've suddenly realized there's someone I'm deeply attracted to, attraction on a level I've never reached before with others. I'm hoping to develop a better friendship with this person and, at the same time, break out of my shell a little and get noticed by others. Today, I cleaned out my closet and changed up my wardrobe (yes, part of my motivation for doing this was probably Special Someone.) I only kept a few t-shirts for theater work, a few pairs of jeans that look particularly flattering (read: tight) on me, and other than that it's all slacks, pants, leggings, skirts, dressy tops, and dresses. I've been reading up on good conversational skills, conversation starters, basic body language, etc. I also have all my make-up set out in plain view so I can wear it regularly. I'm trying hard to re-make myself without being fake or becoming someone I'm not.

How do you get people to notice you when you've never really wanted to be noticed before?

3 comments:

Lynette said...

your hitting your mid teens in your mid twenties....how is that for a realization.
but your a beautiful woman and one that is noticed. keep your personality the same and accent your assets. if it is right then i promise you will be noticed.

terzula said...

Be confident in yourself. Be yourself. And trust yourself to screw things up every once in a while. Go for it College Girl! We love ya!

Anonymous said...

How could someone not notice you? Especially when you want to be noticed! Your intelligent, beautiful, and just amazing.
Changing how you feel you are percieved is one thing, just don't change too much else, because you are an awsome person.
Good luck with your reinvention!